Find dates in the , Area Fast!
Oasis Dating.com really stands out from all of the other FREE Dating Sites. Wanna know why?
By Steve Max.
Do you want to meet people in and around ,? Then you have come to the right place! Oasis dating is a free and fun online Dating site. Over 250,000 new members join each month. So there is an amazing selection of guys and girls of all ages in the network. Profiles have a lot of pictures and great details to help you locate your potential date before contacting them. So there is no reason not to join! I have listed some helpful tips at the end of this article on setting up a great profile that will help get you noticed. Oasis Dating has a great community forum, a questions and answers section as well as documented success stores. The success stories written by Oasis Dating members!(not those fake testimonials, like on so many other dating sites!). Check out the forum panel at the bottom of this article and click on any topic to read the reviews, success stories and dating topics covered.
- Tip #1 Do choose a photograph where you are well-dressed. It is not necessary to get dressed up and have a photo taken professionally, but one where you are wearing a faded t-shirt and a hat shaped like a beer can won’t do. Either way always post a current picture! (at least within a year or two) Nobody wants to see what you looked 5 years ago. they are dating you now.
- Tip #2 Don’t lie to make yourself appear more impressive. If you are going to be dating someone who has read your profile, at some point they will get to know the real you. If they find that you lied in the first place, they will lose a lot of trust in you.
- Tip #3 Do make your personality come across as well as possible. If your sense of humor has been complimented by a lot of people, make a few self-deprecating jokes. Nothing that comes across as self-pity, and equally you should avoid coming across as arrogant. “I’m an international business tycoon – I’ve sold DVDs online to people in Japan and in Brazil” – something unfunny but cute like that works wonders.
- Tip #4 Don’t sound desperate or resentful if you haven’t had good luck before. A comment like “Are there any good men/women out there?” makes it sound like you are bitter. Even if your past hasn’t been glittering, good people exist. They won’t be attracted by self-pity, though. Always be positive and real.
- Tip #5 Do make yourself sound fun. This does not mean liberal use of exclamation marks and the word “crazy”, however you choose to spell it. Talk about things you enjoy and appear passionate. There are few things more attractive than someone who is enthusiastic and literate.
- Tip #6 Be punctual for your first date. Take it seriously. Maybe you have spoken on the phone already and feel comfortable. But the phone is never a substitute for the actual date. The spark you thought you had on the phone can vanish in an instant if you don’t look good and act appropriate.
- Tip #7 If the date is good, don’t wait a week to call, the next day or two is a great follow up time. To let him/her know that you had a great time. Little shy?, send a email or a text. Its better than no follow-up at all.
- Big Tip #8 Don’t get caught in the ” I have to meet everyone syndrome”. Sure you may be getting emails from others all month vying for a date wanting to meet you OR maybe you keep seeing girls/guys you want to date. But a problem I see that many dating people experience is this: You go out on a date on Wednesday and like that person , maybe have great conversation and chemistry. Then you go out with another person on Friday and the same thing happens! Now what do you do? If you are in it for just meeting people and casual dating than this can be fun , but may not generally lead to a serious relationship. But if you are into this to meet a partner or start a relationship,then juggling to many people at once will probably lead to disaster and disappointment. Some good advice would be to really go slow and give each date a chance especially if you saw potential on that date. Otherwise you are just wasting everyone’s time. So have a plan before your start. It will help you keep your ultimate goal in sight.
~Steve Max, Free Oasis Dating Site editor
(Click on any topic to see more)
General discussion about online dating. Share your thoughts and real life stories.
- 1,041 Topics
- 27,063 Replies
This forum is for men and is dedicated to trying to understand women. Share your knowledge.
- 280 Topics
- 9,978 Replies
Ladies – I am sure you have lots to say on this topic. Do you love’m or hate’m?
- 258 Topics
- 7,855 Replies
Need help writing your profile? Or getting that perfect photo? You can post your Oasis Username here and get feedback.
- 297 Topics
- 3,143 Replies
- Yesterday, 10:21 PM
- In: Review my profile please
- By: Snifterroux
Yesterday, 08:35 AM
- In: Why wont he Tell Me How he …
- By: Smudgy